Monday, March 4, 2013

What even.

Well! Today was eventful. Not necessarily in a good way.

Last night I tried eating some bread. Not a great idea on my part. I was nauseous the entire rest of the night and this morning. I tried to sleep after I unhooked my TPN until noonish, but ended up just tossing and turning and checking my accounts. We left for my hematology appointment at around 12:30, I'm bloated, nauseous, and in pain.

About half-way to my appointment, on the interstate, it all starts to come back up. I ask John quickly if he has a bag, he says no, asks me if he needs to pull over. He does, and as soon as I can without hurling myself out of a moving vehicle, I swing the door open and purge. The wind was blowing towards me, and it was getting where it shouldn't, so I stepped out and finished outside. Let me tell you, throwing up while Colorado winds are blowing SUCKS, and the cold air only made my pains even worse. And to make things EVEN worse, while I was barfing on the side of the interstate, I was also shitting myself. Isn't that just awesome?! Right?! As if throwing up without having anything to blow my nose with afterwards wasn't embarrassing enough, my bowels just had to decide to stop working. Luckily it wasn't that much, but still enough to run down my leg and force me to sit awkwardly the rest of the way to my appointment.

So we get to the cancer center, my nose is needing to be blown, there's acid and bile burning my nostrils and mouth, my pants are stained, and my stomach and back are sore from barfing in the wind. I hand John my ID so he can check me in, and I go straight to the bathroom to try to clean up. Eventually we go back to that room with all the chairs where I had my dressing changed last week, and the same nurse I had then came over and introduced us to some intern who was learning how to change dressings... I don't really like these kinds of situations. But she did a fairly good job, I guess. The needle part hurt a bit; I'm getting pretty tired of that already. Other than that my site is fine.

After we fixed a misunderstanding with my appointments there, which I'm not even gonna go into, we left. The drive home was quiet. When we pulled into the driveway, my home health nurse was there waiting, so my plan to take a long, hot, bath turned into a quick, warm one. I threw my clothes in the laundry (which I still haven't started... need to do that) and hopped in the tub. When I was done, we spent about 2 hours discussing my home care plan and doing paper work, updating the nurse on everything. My nurse will be Tina, who I had the last time we had the home care, and we're very happy about that. She's absolutely incredible.

I think the only good thing about today was the Gentiva visit. I'm looking forward to seeing Tina again.
While Sue (the nurse who saw me today) was here, it decided to snow like crazy.


I hate snow. Sure, it looks pretty, but it's cold and it sucks.

After she left I took a five hour nap, which was much MUCH needed, and ended up waking up at around 8pm. An hour after I'm supposed to hook up, but whatever.
And you know what? I just now realized I forgot to administer my lantus. Awesome. I should probably do that before my blood sugar explodes.

Well. That's that. What a day. Tomorrow I have therapy, then Wednesday I meet the ThriveRx ladies and see my GI doctor. I think I'll be watching a lot of Disney movies tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment