Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter and all that holiday junk.

I'm having an okay weekend. I've been feeling pretty good, a little nauseated the other day during grocery shopping, but I didn't throw up. Earlier this week I had migraines like crazy, so those were two bad days. Thankfully I get these breaks where I guess my body decides to take pity on me and cut me some slack.

These next couple of weeks are going to be interesting:

  • April 2nd: My ThriveRx nurse, who is flying from GA to Denver and driving down here, is coming to visit me, and my Gentiva nurse will be coming that day also to change my dressing. She usually does this on Mondays but she wants to meet Kristi. Kristi will be bringing me more info on Thrive, I'm assuming, and a few TPN pumps for me to look at while she's here.
  • April 10th: People from the wheelchair company are coming to see me; I don't know if they're coming to fit me for one or if they're actually bringing a standard one. I've never gone through this before, so I don't know what to expect.
  • The week after that I have two appointments following up with my hematologist about my iron infusion I had a few weeks ago.
All in between this I'll be supporting the husband with his new unit transition and getting ready for his uncle to come visit us on the 11th. I'm excited about that, because John really needs a break from everything.

I got that bedge pillow thing Friday, and I've been using it. It's super comfortable! And only a 4-inch incline. It's firm, so I don't have to fluff it like I do my pillows. And it fits perfectly on the couch, which is where I sleep now. It only ended up costing us $35. Much better than $300.

I was also surprised by a friend with a snow cone machine earlier this week. I had no idea she was going to get me one until she had already ordered it. She got together with other people and got it for me. It works amazing and I am so thankful for them. I wish the whole world had such compassion.

I suppose it was a good week overall, other than the shock of planning my own funeral. I'm over that hump now, though. If it's mentioned again, I'm just going to tell them I'm not ready to plan something like that. Or just let John handle it.I'm still not sure what I want done with my body.





No comments:

Post a Comment