Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Posty post.

This week has been so slow for us. Aside from John finally starting his med-board and getting switched to the Warrior Transition Unit (WTU), not much has happened. Now we're just waiting on answers. I wish we had more answers sooner rather than later, because we really don't have a lot of time for planning.

We started my ThriveRx services! I'm so excited about it. This will be my second week with them, and already I've had more communication with the staff than I have with my PCM. Everyone is aware of everything and I couldn't be more happier with how much care they put into their work.
Just last week one of them drove down here from Denver to pick up my insulin prescription and bring it to me! I mean, seriously, these people go all out. My Thrive nurse, Kristi, actually lives in Georgia and she's flying to Denver and coming here to meet us! I'm loving this.

Did I mention I have my home health care back? My nurse, Tina, sees me every Monday to let me shower and change my dressing, take my vitals, etc. I'm so happy we have her back, and it's really going to suck if we do end up moving to TN. I'll really miss her. It's not every day you find someone capable of doing so much who you trust.

Yesterday was my last day of therapy. Pamela asked me if I felt like I got what I needed while seeing her, and it kind of caught me off-guard, but I had a feeling she was going to discharge me soon. I mean, she was my therapist, and John always had more to say than I did. haha. But honestly, I do feel like I'm at a point where I've accepted what's happening to me, and now all I can do is take one day at a time and hope for the best. I need to start focusing on John now. He's been helping me with so much and I feel like I'm brushing him off. If I told him this, he'd deny it and tell me everything's okay, and he doesn't need anything. But that's just like a man to say something like that, right?

Anyway, I feel like I've been happier. I have more closure, I guess. The grieving process has passed, hopefully for good. I know I'll still have my bad days, and that's okay. Lately I've been doing well, physically. I think the iron infusion helped. I've been trying to eat again, and so far I can handle potatoes okay. I'm afraid to try anything else. Hopefully soon we can get my TPN situated and I can start gaining again.

No comments:

Post a Comment