Wednesday, March 13, 2013

It's a slow week.

Not much is happening for me this week. John got all four of his wisdom teeth taken out yesterday so he's got the rest of the week off, and I just don't have any appointments. I would have had therapy yesterday but John cancelled it because he would be too doped up to take me. ha. Anyway, hey, I'm not complaining. It's nice to be able to do whatever without having to think about all my medical bullshit.

A few things I'm keeping tabs on, though. I'm in the process of switching infusion companies, from Amerita to ThriveRx. We have no problems with Amerita, they're great, but ThriveRx just seems much better. I'm also still looking into having my TPN adjusted... I have an appointment on the 20th to see a dietitian/pharmacist/whatever to discuss that. My wheelchair has been approved, waiting to hear about that. That bedge pillow thing? Not approved. I didn't think it would be, considering it's a piece of foam that costs $300... I mean I could easily get something much cheaper at Wal-Mart if I really needed it.

This week was the start of my home care, and we were able to keep the nurse I had last time. She's absolutely incredible. Very professional, nice, funny, down to earth. And she always knows what the fuck she's doing. My dressing change hurt a little, and we're gonna try to get some lidocaine spray. While she was here we talked about what she's missed since she was last here (like November 2012), including my diagnosis, New York, my symptoms, my stupid doctors, etc. She checked my vitals, changed my dressing and needle, checked my supplies. It's so great to have her back.

Kinda sad that I missed therapy this week. I was looking forward to showing Pamela a scrapbook I've been keeping. It has a bunch of old family pictures, my parents, me, my aunt and cousins, sisters. I miss how close my family used to be. And I really miss my Aunt Lynn. It's a shame, how she has to live... but... that's another story, let's not go there.

I've been making bracelets and keychains for people, sending them out. That and watching Doctor Who keeps me busy/entertained. We get paid tomorrow, so I've been planning my bill-paying session, and making a grocery list. Since I don't eat anymore our grocery bill has been cut in half, pretty much. It's the only nice thing about not eating.

I think this Flagyl is working, but I've been running to the bathroom every few minutes it seems. That makes trying to relax or going places very difficult. No matter where I go the very first thing I look for is a bathroom, and I make sure I'm close to it. Isn't that an awesome way of living? Constantly thinking about the bathroom and trying to concentrate on not shitting yourself.

And that, my friends, is where I shall end this post.

1 comment:

  1. Ok I have been on Flagyl before but cannot for the life of me remember what it is? You will have to tell me. I am on Metformin and have been since I was 18 I'm 37 now and know exactly what you mean by looking for the nearest bathroom, for me especially right after I eat or drink anything. It so sux. I love having slow weeks where I just don't have to worry about anything. I can stay in my pj's and just sleep. Since I have insomnia I like to just put in my earbuds listen to music and relax and pretend I'm sleeping hahahahaha. I think there are times that I actually succeed. My hospital stay is going to be interesting because I don't do anything without my music including sleeping. I never turn my I-pod off. I'm hoping my therapist will intervene and stand up for me. I hope you have a good week. Loves!

    ReplyDelete