Saturday, May 4, 2013

Wow.

I haven't updated in a few days, and I'm feeling pretty damn good right now, so I decided maybe I should. I would say that not a lot has been going on, but I'd be lying to you and to myself. I guess I expect the worst things to come about and when they don't happen, I feel like nothing has happened at all. Does that make sense? Anyway, I'm tired of being a pessimistic Patty and I realize that I need to start paying more attention to the good things that go on in my life.

In posting these blogs I've noticed that my thoughts get kind of jumbled and out of order, but I'm too lazy to go back and organize things, so bare with me here.

I'm still having issues with my port drawing back blood, and flushing has become a little sluggish; hopefully another try with Cathflo will help. It's kinda freaking me out. I've stopped taking the COQ10, I don't know if I've mentioned that yet. When I started taking it I started having intense abdominal pain, and I guess GI issues are a common side effect of taking it, and no one informed me of that... We are still tweaking my TPN, basically playing with the insulin and whatnot. So far so good, I suppose. It's just a matter of getting things situated.

On to the awesome stuff. Remember the GIGSS? Well, we've had an amazing experience with these great women, and I have been considered "adopted" by a few of them. Terry is a GIG who has so very generously taken me out shopping for new clothes, which has reestablished my confidence in getting dressed up. She has also taken John and I out to eat a few times, and stays in touch with us daily to see how we're doing. I am so grateful for these ladies and I honestly don't want to move now because I've never been happier than I am now.

To add to my happiness, I've started therapy at the Pikes Peak Therapeutic Riding Center, I think I mentioned this before. We went there to fill out our paperwork and meet the owner Thursday, and then my first actual appointment was today. We introduced ourselves to the mares and geldings and I swear I couldn't stop smiling the entire time I was in the corral. I didn't want to leave, and I know I'll be totally heartbroken when we eventually have to move away.

I don't think many people understand how much animals can heal a person.


I spent the entire day having fun and just being myself, being happy with horses and hanging out with John, visiting with Terry, taking pictures, and just feeling good overall. I don't want this to end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment