Thursday, May 30, 2013

Untitled

I honestly don't know what I should do about my recent accident issue. Last night it happened again, but this time was much worse. I didn't even wake up until it was already over, and when I did, I was soaking wet from my mid torso to my knees. I got up and pushed my TPN pole to the bathroom, cleaned myself up, grabbed some towels. I just wanted to go back to sleep. This morning I woke up and stripped the couch cushion, assuming the towels would have absorbed everything. I assumed wrong. The mess went totally through the cushion.

Can someone please explain to me how the hell that happened?! My bladder cannot be that big to hold that much piss within a few hours.

To make things worse, my husband told me I need to figure something out because he's tired of dealing with the cushion. I just want to cry. I'm more embarrassed than I have ever been in my entire life. I'm the one who has to deal with HAVING the accident. I have to clean it up. And all he can say is to figure something out.

So I'm a little angry, yeah. I'm frustrated, I'm scared, I feel disgusting.

We went to the grocery store today and I stood in the incontinence isle looking at all the pads. I have no idea what would work for me, and I'd rather not spend a shit ton of money on something that will leak. I don't know what to do.

I'm also pretty upset at the fact that I totally forgot to mention this issue to my doctor when I could.
Screw this. Screw all of this. So much for trying to be positive and keeping my spirits up. How the hell can I do that when so many things are going wrong?! I'm losing the feeling in my legs, for crying out loud.
I don't even want to keep typing right now.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that. Would it Be an option to get a suprapubic catheter (through abdominal wall) - its usually more comfortable than self-cath (at least for me) and its less prone to UTI.
    During the day you can freely move with the draining tube clogged and you can empty your bladder just the normal way. During night you could open the tube and connect it to a night bag. This way nö accidents could happen. The procedure to "make the hole" into the abd wall for insertion of the catheter is no big deal - an outpatient procedere with little anesthesia.
    Just thought Id share...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know at Walmart, etc...they have absorbent pads that one could put on a bed and you sleep on them. They are absorbent and waterproof on the bottom. Depends do work well also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mum has ms and wears pads after years of accidents -made a big difference to her quality of life not worrying anymore- just been diagnosed with mito myself- your blogs amazing
    mx

    ReplyDelete