Thursday, June 6, 2013

I seriously suck at coming up with titles for these things.

I have been to see Dr. Scot Tebo three times in the last two weeks. Today's and last time were both same-day appointments, and he's by far the best doctor I've ever seen. I really hope we can get to switch to him officially.

So, what happened this morning... I went to see him because I needed to mention my neuropathy and my bladder problems. I asked about my legs, what the next step would be, etc. I asked about my bladder and possibly getting a suprapubic catheter, which I'm pretty nervous about. He put in a request for referrals to the neurologist I saw last year who suggested the MNGIE, and a referral to a urologist. So now we'll be playing the waiting game on those. Hopefully not too long.

He gave me gabapentin for my restless legs, 300MG, one a night.

Honestly, I'm more nervous than anything right now. So much is happening to my body in such a short amount of time, and it's freaking me out. I'm losing my legs, my bladder is acting up, I think my hearing is even getting worse, what little I even have.

I feel like I'm neglecting my blog. Maybe I should keep to a once a week thing, and maybe write down things to talk about throughout the week... But I don't want anyone to get bored reading so much.

On a lighter note, we're petsitting a dog named Simba for a month, for a friend of John's who had to go to California for training. He's very well-behaved and a lot of fun to hang out with. I told his owner I'm keeping him forever. ha.


I don't see the horses again until the 15th. It's driving me crazy, I miss them so much. I hope I'll be able to at least stand by them then. I obviously didn't expect this whole not walking thing to happen so fast. Ugh.

Another thing that happened this week for us: I lost a very good friend because of ignorance, arrogance, and mindless immature facebook drama. I don't miss her, and neither does John. She said some pretty hurtful things, and we decided her true colors started showing and we are done with her and her family.
Things happen for a reason, I guess. And I have plenty of support from people I haven't even actually met, so it definitely wasn't my loss.
Maybe Karma will bite her in the ass real hard for the things she said to me. I won't hope or wish for anything, but lord knows I'll be here giggling when it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment