Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day :-)

I sent my daddy his card like two weeks ago, and he got it last week. After what happened with my mom's Mother's Day card, I didn't wanna risk it again. I called him today to tell him personally, though. They both seemed to be in a good mood, so that was nice. Man, I really miss my parents.

It's been a bit since I've posted, so I figured I may as well. I don't really remember all the happenings in order, so like always, I'm just gonna ramble.

I've been playing my DS like crazy since Sunday, mainly Animal Crossing: New Leaf, which I've been waiting like 6 months for. AH! John preordered the new gaming consoles, the Xbox One and the PS4, as well as some more games... Goodness, so much money. He got his bonus the other day, as well, so he decided to pay them off.
We've been spending the weekend shopping at thrift stores, and other places that we normally don't get to really splurge in usually. I guess it's been fun retail therapy. He was able to get some clothes, and I got some clothes, some bags, and a heated blanket. We haven't been home a lot this weekend, and I'm exhausted.

Someone for physical therapy came by Friday. John tried to tell my nurse, Tina, that PT wouldn't help me because it's a nerve thing, not a muscle thing. But she sent someone over anyway. Of course, it was kind of a waste, and he said the only thing he could suggest was to "use it or lose it" which is also kind of pointless, since I literally cannot move anything from the ankle down by myself. My calves are getting weaker and weaker, and my balance is much worse now. We got a shower chair for the bathroom. I should be getting my own wheelchair this week.

There was a few fires going on around Colorado Springs this last week, one was in Black Forest, about 8 miles away from the Pikes Peak Therapeutic Riding Center. So the horses were evacuated and I didn't get to go see them yesterday. It sucks, I really miss them. But I am so glad they're safe and sound, and no damage was done to any of the PPTRC buildings.

Oh! Ha, I shaved my head again. John got all pissy, but he's really a good sport about it... I think he's just holding things in. But it's my head, and I'd rather be comfortable than pretty. Besides, I think I look okay with a shaved head.


We went to the WTU's Organizational Day Friday also. The only thing I wanted to do there was get a caricature done, and we ended up waiting in line for an hour for that, but it was definitely worth it:


Isn't that cute? :-)

It's been so nice to get out of the house. I've been ignoring my phone for the most part, and just spending time with John. I do come home pretty beat, but it's worth it. A lot of people tell us we're both very lucky to have each other, but I feel like I'm lucky one. Most guys would just up and leave if they had to face our kind of situation. I don't know what I would do without my husband.

I'm a bit nauseous tonight. So I think I'll go lay down and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment