Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Short update.

Saw my PCM today. I guess I weigh 68.3 lbs now, but I'm pretty sure that was my uterus, shoes, and jacket weighing me down. I don't think I gained 5 lbs in two days. Anyway:
  • Added phenergan as needed and ferrous sulfate (iron) to my regimen. I am now taking nexium, iron, melatonin, zofran/phenergan.
  • Going to start taking COQ10 every morning, also. Tired of all my doctors kind of brushing it off as something that doesn't need to be considered. I have a mitochondrial disease, for chrissakes.
  • Stopped lantus intake, like I mentioned before, and upping my humulin to 42 units from 35 units, along with more lipids in my TPN. I should get my new formula Thursday, and I'll be sure to post it here.
  • Also considering adding more supplements to my diet, but not sure yet. Looking into more natural ways and easier things to digest. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • Asked about whether it'd be okay for me to go up the Cog Railway, what with the elevation and all. Doc okay'ed it and said I have no history of breathing troubles so as long as I stay hydrated there should be no problem. Very excited about this!!!
  • Meeting with Nancy at Pikes Peak Therapeutic Riding Center on May 2nd at 1400. Not sure what to expect, but not getting my hopes up for therapy because I doubt my insurance will cover it. Maybe she'll let me just visit the horses once in a while.
Going to the SFAC (Soldier and Family Assistance Center) tomorrow for lunch with John and meeting with one of the GIGSS. She wants to take me shopping... This will be pretty awkward.


John took James (his uncle) to the airport this morning. It was nice having him here, I like visitors. I miss it when Spencer was here and he and John had tons of fun and I'd cook dinner for them. I like being appreciated for my cooking. Not that John doesn't compliment me, he always does. I just kind of expect it from him now. haha. Anyway, we had fun; they went out, went to the mall and whatnot, saw a movie. Played the xbox, watched a couple movies. Last night we played Monopoly: The Beatles edition for like three hours and I totally kicked their asses:

Yeeeaaah SON.

I think it'd be nice if we moved to Tennessee. I miss having people to hang out with, without having that awkward I-just-met-you phase... I don't like meeting people.

Tonight I'm cooking salmon fillets, stir-fry veggies, and herb rice for John. I might have some of the veggies or rice. But I can't stand salmon, so he can have that crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment