Monday, November 25, 2013

This isn't easy.

There is a month left in my campaign and I have only raised $1,285. I'm losing hope and I honestly don't think I can get even half-way to my goal, let alone exceed it. John has pointed out to me that I would need multiple months' worth of treatment, and I can't afford that. And if this did work out, by some kind of miracle, we would end up moving to London because travelling there every month wouldn't be possible for me. Besides, no one is really sharing anymore, anyway. All of the people who are, it's the same people, and their friends/families are just ignoring it. So I have decided that this will be my only campaign. I won't be continuing after it's over, and all of the money will be put into my bank account for safe keeping. I don't consider this giving up, because there have been days where I actually did want to give up completely. I'm going to keep going, I just can't keep doing these fundraisers and selling all of my stuff just to be ignored and overlooked. I need to focus on living the rest of my life, not chasing after a treatment that is way out of my reach.

Now that that's out of the way... I have met with the writer from The Gazette, and hopefully I'll be featured in the paper. I don't have a lot of details, but maybe I will this week.

Christmas is coming! I love Christmas. But I have a feeling this one is going to bomb because I'm getting pretty worse. We had an early Thanksgiving, and even though the food turned out incredible, it took me two or three days to prepare and I was exhausted and nauseous the entire time. I guess I'm still getting used to these patches. I also really miss my family around the holidays, of course, so it'll be a hard hitter. And we don't have the means to decorate, so the house is always a buzzkill.

Well, I'm making John take me out of this house, so off we go. Tonight is my Doctor Who night, and I'm super excited about it. But it's not until 7:30 so I have a few hours to wait. Anyway, I'll update more later.

1 comment:

  1. Melissa I never ignore what you say you know I have been out of work for 2 years and struggling. I care about you because we have kept in touch for almost a year I think I just saw the picture picture with the purple braces on your feet and your legs is that to help you stand up a little bit better. you are so thin I cannot believe the doctors are not able to give you the nutrition you need to gain weight

    ReplyDelete